Last weekend of October the official book launch of book OCEAN NOMAD will take place on and around the classic sailing vessel ‘Grace of Aberdeen’ in Lanzarote! A grande meet-up of ocean adventurers, (aspiring) sailors, change-makers, and press.
About the Book
OCEAN NOMAD – the Complete Atlantic Sailing Crew Guide – How to catch a ride & make a difference for a healthier ocean
Packed with practical advice and stories, the 400 pages ocean travel guide, Ocean Nomad, persuades and informs the adventure traveller to go from the idea of “someday I would like to go on a sailing trip”, to sipping a coconut on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean celebrating the achievement. First in the Ocean Nomad ocean adventure travel guide series, the Atlantic Ocean edition inspires to get out there, explore and discover the ocean while making a positive difference. Ocean Nomad encourages an alternative and nature-minded way of adventure travel. In addition to practical tips, information, photos and stories, Ocean Nomad includes +75 actionable takeaways on how sailors can make a positive difference for the ocean.
The book is written with the aim to make people excited about the ocean, connect people to the ocean, so accordingly they start caring more, and ACTING more.
We have no time to lose when it comes to saving our ocean.
Overview of the BOOK LAUNCH happenings
Morning: Radio Show ‘The Mix Lanzarote’ on board of ‘Grace of Aberdeen’ Theme show about crossing the Atlantic with a prominent role for the book as well as for ocean conservation.
Afternoon: Press Hour.
Fiesta on the pontoon & classic wooden S/V Grace in the Marina of Arrecife. A celebration of the book with drinks and bites, and opportunities to network with other adventurers, change-makers, and sailors aspiring and planning to sail the Atlantic.
Grace will set sail south with a few VIP guests.
Evening: Film Screening of Vanishing Sail – the traditional wooden boat craft & awareness and fundraise for Hurricane Irma & Maria rebuilding.
How can presence on this event help your venture?
You’ll reach ocean-minded (aspiring) sailors, travellers, captains, ocean conservationists, and press that will be targeted in the promotional efforts and be present at the event.
(Confirmed: On the Mix Radioshow, PanExplore Expeditions (with S/V Sea Dragon), Clean Oceans International (S/V with Yacht Pono and their plastic fuel generator), and of course Grace OceanConservation.org.uk)
Brand Awareness opportunities include:
- Mentions in the Social Media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook) prior and during the event (Oceanpreneur Influence ranking on Klear).
- Mention in newsletter Oceanpreneur and/or Vanishing Sail
- Presence in the video that will be made during the event.
- Mention in the presentations that I’ll be giving.
- Photo’s and/or video footage of your logo/product/banner in an AWESOME ocean sailing setting.
- Offline endorsement during networking in the Canary Islands October – December.
- Placements of banners during the pontoon party and/or screening event
- Logo on Oceanpreneur.co website
- Logo on posters placed around the marina’s in Lanzarote and Gran Canaria
- A digital copy and/or signed copy of the book!
Call for Sponsors
I’m looking for sponsors that can contribute financially to one or more of the following so we all together can really make an impact:
- The Book Launch Pontoon Party (Drink & Bites)
- The VIP Sail with Grace of ocean conservation.
- Film screening fees of Vanishing Sail. (The event will be free so as many people as possible can attend)
- Crew T-shirts and (ocean-minded) give-aways.
Also welcoming (ocean-friendly!) give-aways.
Contact me so we can tailor make a sponsor package that serves your needs best. I’m welcoming your proposals!
THANK YOU! Suzanne van der Veeken | Suzanne@theoceanpreneur.com
The Venue: Marina Lanzarote & S/V Grace